HOW DOES IT WORK?
The general terms and conditions and the selection criteria describe how we work. Are you coming in for the first time? Then we ask you to register in advance and agree to our terms and conditions. Click here to register
By contributing clothes you agree to the following conditions:
- For the first time, in order to be included in our customer base, we need to select a minimum of seven items that we find suitable for the store. Once you are in our database, you will no longer need to provide us with a minimum number of pieces.
- As soon as a customer number has been created, you will receive an e-mail containing a password.
- With this you can log in on our website, www.deruilhoek.nl , and follow the whole process online. After your first log in, you will be able to change your password.
- We strive to price articles within 3-7 days. Depending on how busy it is, this can sometimes take a little longer. The guideline for pricing is roughly a quarter or a third of the original price. You will receive a detailed confirmation by mail with an overview of all entries. The clothes go into the store immediately after pricing. If there is something in the confirmation e-mail that you wish to adjust, contact us as soon as possible. If the item is unsold at that moment we can alter the price or give it back to you.
- The items are in the store for the remainder of the month in which it was contributed, plus two extra months.
- Once an item is sold we first deduct VAT, which is 10.5%, afterwards both parties receive half of the proceeds. The accumulated balance can be transferred from € 20 onwards via bank. We can also transfer the balance in store with a PIN transaction onto your debit card. Of course you can also settle the balance with your in-store purchase.
- You can pick up unsold items before the deadline or donate to a charity of our choice. If you choose to pick up the clothes, you will have to take them out of the store yourself. You will receive a reminder from us one week before the end of your term, but you remain responsible yourself. So pay attention, the e-mail can also go to the spam folder.
- De Ruilhoek is not liable for loss or damage.
We apply a strict selection. The clothing must be clean and ironed and look representable. That means no stains, holes or other forms of wear and tear. The more representable, the faster an item will sell. In addition to that we select items that fit in to current fashion and in our shop. The items are preferably of higher quality brands and not older than two years. Please note that our criteria are guidelines and that fashion trends are changing every day. We always reserve the right to refuse clothing.The decision about what is suitable for re-selling in De Ruilhoek is non-negiotable.
Please note that, as of recently, we no longer take in childrens clothing.
We select items per season:
Autumn – August to September
Winter – October to January
Spring – February to April
Summer – May to July.
If you have any questions, please contact us!